5 Ways To Save Money During a Virginia Divorce
To save money during your Virginia divorce, you should start making good decisions before you even begin the divorce process.
Here are 5 ways to approach your divorce in order to save yourself as much money as possible:
- Connect with a trustworthy Virginia divorce attorney – your attorney will advocate for you to help make sure you are treated fairly in your divorce.
- Consider what type of Virginia divorce you want – traditional courtroom divorce can be a stressful and costly experience. Collaborative divorce might be a better option for you and could help you save money. Ask your attorney if you’d be a good candidate for this.
- When you’re looking at life after a Virginia divorce, you should have solid goals, and have them in writing – make it clear to yourself and your family what you plan for your life in 1 year, 5 years, and 10 years. This can inspire you to save money and keep going when things are tough.
- Get some type of professional psychological counseling – while it may seem like an added expense, it could very well help you save money in the long run. Divorce can do a number on a person’s emotional state, and being depressed, angry, and sad never helped anyone manage money wisely. An investment in your mental health is one of the smartest moves you can make.
- Finally, invest in some post-divorce life management books – while they can’t replace the advice of your Virginia divorce attorney, they can contain some excellent information on all aspects of your divorce, including how to save money.
Contacting a Virginia Divorce Attorney
There are very specific rules governing divorce in Virginia. At Hofheimer Family Law Firm we are committed to providing you with the experience and compassion you deserve and the successful results you need to move on with your life. Request a FREE copy of our divorce guide for women in Virginia, or reserve your seat at our monthly divorce seminar – 757-425-5200.