When a couple is facing marital separation, it’s usually because of a series of events or circumstances.
There are some common problems that lead to a couple deciding on Virginia divorce.
- Lack of communication. This is often the root of a myriad of marital problems.
- Financial stress. Disagreements about money are among the top reasons for separation and divorce in Virginia, whether it’s career issues, arguments over spending, one spouse hiding money, or other points of contention.
- Adultery. Often, an episode of infidelity can lead to a couple separating almost immediately because of the strong emotions that result.
- Change in goals. Sometimes, a couple grows apart because they realize they no longer share the same beliefs, goals, and priorities.
- Addictions and violence. Whether it’s drugs, alcohol, or sex, addiction can throw a marriage into a tailspin. Violence can exist as a result of addiction or can occur by itself.
Whatever the cause of the marital separation, it’s important to find a Virginia Beach divorce attorney who can help guide you through the separation and divorce process.
Contacting a Virginia Divorce Attorney
There are very specific rules governing divorce in Virginia. At Hofheimer Family Law Firm we are committed to providing you with the experience and compassion you deserve and the successful results you need to move on with your life. Request a FREE copy of our divorce guide for women in Virginia, or reserve your seat at our monthly divorce seminar – 757-425-5200.