Facing Each Stage of Your Separation in a Virginia Divorce
Virginia divorce usually comes after you and your spouse have gone through the stages of separation in VA. These stages are part of the process of marital breakdown. You should be aware of the emotional aspects of this process as you seek a VA separation.
- disillusionment – partners no longer idealize each other and they begin to see and be annoyed by each other’s faults.
- erosion – partners begin to express their disappointment with each other. This can often be a time of hurtful, critical words.
- detachment – often characterized by coldness and distance between the spouses.
- physical separation – when most couples go forward with filing for Virginia divorce, and go through the process of ending the marriage.
- mourning – similar to mourning for a loved one who’s passed on. Everyone mourns in his or her own way.
- second adolescence – during this time, hope and excitement for life returns.
- exploration and hard work – at this point, you have come to terms with your divorce and can begin to see your new life take root.
If you are just now considering a divorce in Virginia, it might be difficult for you to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but with the help of an experienced Virginia divorce attorney, you can have a successful divorce and be able to move on.
Contacting a Virginia Divorce Attorney
Throughout your divorce proceedings, you’ll naturally have a lot of questions specific to your circumstances. Get your questions answered by requesting one of our FREE divorce guides for women, or reserving your seat at our monthly divorce seminar – 757-425-5200.
The Virginia divorce attorneys at Hofheimer Family Law Firm are committed to fighting for your rights, assisting in child custody disputes, and advocating that you receive everything you are entitled to and need in order to start your new life.