When you’re going through stressful times, it can be hard to stay focused on your job. It goes without saying that a Virginia woman going through a divorce has a lot on her plate, including stress. The financial and emotional struggles that come with a divorce can put anyone’s mind in a spin.
While it may be difficult to focus at work during your Virginia divorce, you can employ tactics that help you pay adequate attention to the tasks at hand, including:
- Set goals – If you have a job that allows you to work at your own pace to a certain extent, decide how much work you will get done in a particular timeframe, and keep to it.
- Change your mindset – If your job feels like a drag, try thinking about it in a different way. Think about the good points of your job and your future career goals. Let your work be a distraction from your Virginia divorce, instead of the other way around.
- Add some ambience – If you work in an office setting, you can utilize things like screen-savers, scented sachets, mini-sculptures and other small decorative items to help you focus. Pay attention to the colors and scents you choose. Orange and yellow are said to improve focus. Citrus and peppermint scents keep you awake and on task.
- Have something to look forward to – At the end of the day, treat yourself well by doing some things you enjoy.
- Ditch distraction – Your Virginia divorce is already distracting you; keep all other distractions to a minimum. That means online games, social networking sites, excessive chat with co-workers and other time-consuming habits.
You’ll want to make sure the legal specifics of your Virginia divorce case don’t serve as an extra distraction. The best way to handle your divorce is with the help of a Virginia divorce attorney who can take care of the time-consuming paperwork and work to secure the best future for you and your children.
Contacting a Virginia Divorce Attorney
The Virginia divorce attorneys at Hofheimer Family Law Firm represent Virginia women who wish to file for divorce. We are committed to fighting for your rights, assisting in child custody disputes, and advocating that you receive everything you are entitled to and need in order to start your new life. You can learn more by requesting a FREE copy of our guide, What Every Virginia Woman Should Know About Divorce, or reserving your seat at our monthly divorce seminar – 757-425-5200.