Your Virginia divorce can be a scary, confusing experience for your child. As a parent, you will share in your child’s pain and want to do everything possible to make sure he or she is comforted and supported during this difficult time.
There are many resources at your local bookstore that can help your children grasp the essential facts of divorce and help them feel better about the changes happening in their lives.
Here is a small sampling of what’s available:
- Helping Your Children Cope With Divorce The Sandcastles Way -by M. Gary Neuman, this book covers a lot of ground with step-by-step instructions and activities for handling the sensitive issues surrounding divorce and its aftermath.
- Two Homes – by Claire Masurel, this book explains in a simple, comforting way that kids can enjoy sharing time at both parents’ homes after divorce.
- I Don’t Want To Talk About It – by Jeanie Franz Ransom, this title helps kids better understand the emotions they might be feeling about their parents’ divorce.
- Rope Burn – by Jan Siebold, this is a smart and poignant look into the life of a teenage boy experiencing his parents’ breakup as he finds his own independence.
- Dinosaurs Divorce – by Marc Brown and Laurie Krasny Brown, this is an excellent book that addresses a child’s questions and fears about divorce. It reinforces the message that divorce is not the child’s fault, a fact any kid with divorcing parents needs to hear again and again.
Contacting a Virginia Divorce Attorney
At this vulnerable time, it’s critical that you have exceptional legal representation that not only understands the specifics of your case, but is dedicated to your best interests and that of your family.
The Virginia divorce attorneys at Hofheimer Family Law Firm represent Virginia women who wish to file for divorce. We are committed to fighting for your rights, assisting in child custody disputes and advocating that you receive everything you are entitled to and need in order to start your new life. You can learn more by requesting one of our FREE divorce guides for women, or reserving your seat at our monthly divorce seminar – 757-425-5200.