If you’re considering a divorce or separation but aren’t sure what your first steps should be, you’re in the right place. It seems daunting at first, but with careful planning and preparation, you can begin to take the steps necessary to make sure that your best interests are well protected. In our first meetings with clients, we’re often asked the same questions. “What are my rights?” “What am I entitled to?” “What if he doesn’t want the divorce?” “What if I don’t want the divorce?” “What are my options when it comes to divorce in Virginia?” They’re all good questions, and you’re right to be wondering! Of course, that doesn’t mean you’re ready to schedule a consultation right away. Most women want to get a better idea of what to expect (and even what questions they should be asking) before they jump straight into a consultation. If that’s the way you’re feeling right now, you’re definitely in the right place! If you request a free copy of our Virginia divorce book, “What Every Virginia Woman Needs to Know About Divorce,” you’ll put yourself on the fast track towards getting the information you need to make the types of decisions you’ll need to be making in the coming days, weeks, and months. Whether you decide to save your marriage or move forward with a divorce, we’ll never push you in any particular direction. It’s our goal to make sure you know what you need to know—that’s it.
So, what’s in our divorce book?
- The 20 things you need to know to live separate and apart under the same roof;
- The 13 factors that affect whether you’ll qualify to receive spousal support;
- How property is classified and divided in Virginia divorce;
- The 10 critically important factors that affect how a judge will decide your custody case;
- How to determine your exact share of his retirement accounts;
- The financial records you MUST be aware of;
- The stages of divorce;
- The types of divorce; and
- Questions you should ask any attorney you interview. When you request a copy of our divorce book, we’ll send it to the email address you provide right away. If you live in our immediate area, you’ll also receive an email asking for your address and other information so that we can
- get a hard copy in the mail to you.