We will never sell or disclose your e-mail address to anyone. We hate spam as much as you but. Please be aware by submitting a question, comment, and/or or filling out any online form owned by the Hofheimer Family Law Firm automatically opts you into our promotional mailing list. By submitting this form, you agree that the Hofheimer Family Law Firm shall be free to send you, from time to time, additional company information, including newsletters, advertisements and/or announcements.
If you are a woman and have ordered our book, and you live in the Hampton Roads community where we practice daily, you will be sent a hard copy of “What Every Virginia Woman Should Know About Divorce”. If you live outside the footprint of our practice area but live in Virginia or If you live outside the Commonwealth of Virginia, then we only offer a digital copy of our book unless you convince our Intake Specialist at (757) 425-5200 there is a compelling reason to send you a hardcopy of the book. You will have to pay the postage costs in advance. We do not mail the book outside the continental United States. The same rules apply to our books, “What Every Virginia Military Wife Needs To Know About Divorce” and ” The Women’s Custody Survival Guide”. Lastly, if you order the hardcopy of The Military Book and the non-military divorce book, you will only be sent the military book as it also covers the content found in the nonmilitary divorce book.
The material on this and our affiliate web sites is for informational purposes and is not legal advice, nor does it necessarily reflect the opinions of the Hofheimer Family Law Firm, or any of its attorneys, and is not guaranteed to be accurate, comprehensive or up to date. Visitors to this website should not act upon any information contained in this website without first seeking the advice of an attorney licensed in their state. The purpose of this website is to give the visitor a general understanding of the law; not to provide specific advice. The information on this website may differ depending on local, state and federal laws and regulations and court cases. This website is not a substitute for legal advice and it should not be relied on for this purpose.
Please be aware that the transmission of an e-mail inquiry or web contact form itself does not create an attorney-client relationship. The Hofheimer Family Law Firm cannot serve as your counsel in any matter unless you and our firm expressly agree in writing that we serve as your attorney. You should also be aware that the Statute of Limitations (the deadline imposed by law within which you may bring a lawsuit) might severely limit the time remaining for you to file any potential claims you may have.
If you communicate with us through by e-mail or through this site relating to a matter for which we do not represent you, it is possible that your communication may not be treated as privileged or confidential. If you communicate with us by e-mail or through this site in connection with a matter for which we already represent you, please remember that Internet e-mail is not secure and you should avoid sending sensitive or confidential Internet e-mail messages unless they are adequately encrypted.
The Hofheimer Family Law Firm practices in all Virginia courts, federal district courts throughout the United States, and is select courts of other states. Hofheimer Family Law Firm attorneys are licensed to practice in state courts that are listed on their individual attorney profiles.
The Hofheimer Family Law Firm does not offer any guarantee of case results. Past success in litigation does not guarantee success in any new or future lawsuit. Results obtained in prior cases were dependent on the particular facts of each case. The results of other cases will differ based on the different facts involved.
The following provisions describe how information is collected on our website and shared from our website with third party websites and vendors:
- We use the IP address of Consumers to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website.
- Our site uses a number of different order forms for consumers to request information about our products and services, including legal representation, free books and reports, seminars, and so on. We collect contact information (like email addresses, phone numbers and, sometimes, mailing addresses). From time to time, we use contact information from the form to send products, information, or offers. We ask for spouse safe contact information so that we don’t inadvertently send information to an email or physical address that is not safe; if you don’t provide a physical address, we will never mail anything to you.
- We may use your contact information to get in touch with you, if necessary, to resolve an issue or solve a problem.
- When you fill out a contact form or otherwise contact us, we may retain your communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve our services.
- If you provide information to us through a third party service, like our live chat operators, we may use the information you provide to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve our services. Any information gathered by a third party service would also be governed by their privacy policies.
- We may use the spouse safe email address, phone number, or mailing address you provided to communicate with you about our services.
- We may use any information that you provide or that we collect, either ourselves on the site or through third parties, to provide, maintain, protect, improve our services (including advertising services), and develop new services.
- Should you no longer wish to receive communications from us, you may opt out of any future mailings at any time. Likewise, should you wish that we delete your contact information, you may contact us to request it.
Please note: if you communicate with us through this site, it is possible that your communication may not be treated as privileged or confidential. Attorney/client privilege applies specifically to one on one communications made between a client and her attorney. If you communicate with us through this site in a matter or condition for which we already represent or treat you, please remember that Internet e-mail and contact forms are not secure by nature and you should avoid sending sensitive or confidential Internet messages.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal information to outside parties with the exception of vetted, trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing consumers, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, we may share aggregated demographic information, which does not contain your personally identifiable information, with our partners.
We take steps to protect you against any possible loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information in our custody and control. We store everything, including all user information, in a database that is protected by a variety of access controls. It is also physically located in a secure facility. This information is only accessed for the specific purposes outlined in this privacy statement.
You can opt out of receiving future communications from us. You may also request to see any information about you that we have stored, and you may request that we delete any of this information. Please see below for how to contact us.
Website Usage Disclaimers
Our company is responsible for the content of this website. This website is designed for general informational purposes only and it does not constitute legal advice. Consulting the information on our page does not constitute the formation of a lawyer-client relationship.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, please visit our contact page.