I Had An Affair, Now My Husband Wants a Divorce

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 by Hofheimer Family Law

Being cheated on is a painful event, but sometimes being the one who cheats can bring a suffering all its own. If you committed adultery in your marriage and your husband wants a Virginia divorce, you should seek the counsel of a Virginia divorce attorney for women.

Adultery is one of the top reasons for couples to break up. There are many reasons why people have affairs, but whatever lead to your decision to do so, you now need to choose how you’ll handle the consequences.

Making excuses for your behavior is not going to help the situation. You should hear your husband out and allow him to ask questions and vent. At the same time, you do not have to allow yourself to be verbally or physically abused, so keep your safety in mind at all times.

When a spouse cheats, it doesn’t always mean the end of the marriage. Sometimes, the partners are able to work things out and rebuild trust, often with the help of a licensed family therapist. However, this can be a long and emotionally difficult process and both parties have to be committed to seeing it through.

If you and your spouse cannot work through your problems, then divorce may be the only option. Even if you do not want the divorce, you will have to face the reality that it’s going to happen. Your best strategy is to consult a Virginia divorce attorney for women. Having a lawyer can make a big difference in your divorce case and can help make sure that you are treated fairly in court.

Contacting a Virginia Divorce Attorney

Throughout your divorce proceedings, you’ll naturally have a lot of questions specific to your circumstances. Get your questions answered by requesting one of our FREE divorce guides for women, or reserving your seat at our monthly divorce seminar –.

The Virginia divorce attorneys at Hofheimer Family Law Firm are committed to fighting for your rights, assisting in child custody disputes, and advocating that you receive everything you are entitled to and need in order to start your new life. – 757-425-5200.